- The conference begins on Saturday, September 27 at 8:30 am and ends on Sunday, September 28 at 4pm. (Toronto has an amazing arts, culture, and technology scene for you to enjoy. If your schedule permits, we encourage you to arrive a few days earlier to explore the city.)
- Ryerson University – Ted Rogers School of Management (55 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C5)
- Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. Visit Citizenship & Immigration Canada to find out whether you will need to apply for a travel visa and how to apply for one.
Travel to Toronto:
There are two airports serving Toronto.
- Taxis to downtown Toronto. Cost ~ $55.00 + tip (~ 30-60 minutes). Follow signs to the taxi queue.
- Downtown Express Bus coach service provides direct transportation to a number of downtown Toronto hotels. The bus leaves from Terminal 1 and 3 and you can purchase at the booth upon arrival or online. Cost ~ $28.00 (~ 45-90 minutes).
- Public Transit – Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) There is no direct public transit, but there are city buses that connect to the subway system. Cost $3.00 (~ 60-90 minutes).
- 1. You can catch the 192 Airport Rocket bus on the lowest level of either terminal (column R4 in terminal 1, columns C8-C12 in terminal 3).
- 2. At Kipling subway station (the last stop on the bus), transfer to the eastbound Bloor/Danforth subway line.
- 3. For most downtown hotels, transfer to a southbound subway train at either St. George or Yonge station.
- 4. Make sure you find out the closest stop to your hotel in advance. Note that not all subway stations have elevators or escalators, so you might have to climb a flight of stairs.
- The airport is located in downtown Toronto and you get to enjoy the world’s shortest ferry ride. A ferry service connects the airport to downtown every 15 minutes (it’s free!)
- There is a complimentary shuttle that will take you to Union Station so you can take the subway to the nearest stop to your hotel.
- Taxis are located in-terminal and cost about $10 to downtown.
Travel in Toronto:
- In the city, you can use the TTC for subway, streetcars, and buses ($3.00). On the weekend, you can buy an unlimited one-day travel pass for $11.00 on all regular TTC routes for two people.
- Toronto is a very walkable city and the best way to enjoy the city is on foot.
Recommended hotel: Eaton Chelsea (33 Gerrard Street West Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z4 Canada), just a block from the conference venue. If you are booking 21 days in advance, you can use their special rate: https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=59052&Chain=10316&template=GCFlexi&promo=AP14
- Visit See Toronto Now for the official tourism site or Toronto.com to see what’s happening in the city.