The 2019 International Conference on Social Media and Society (#SMSociety) is a three-day conference (July 19-21). The conference will be held at Ted Rogers School of Management at
Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada.
(before May 1,
|Regular or On-Site|
(after May 1)
|Postdoc / Adjunct Faculty / Independent Researcher||US$295||US$395|
|Academic / Nonprofit / Government Rate||US$395||US$495|
|Developing Nations Rate|
Note: Individuals who reside in a country
categorized as "Medium" or "Low"
Human Development in the most recent
United Nations Human Development Report
The conference registration fee includes the following:
- All 3 Days (including access to all workshops)
- All conference materials
- Poster Reception
- Continental breakfasts and coffee breaks
- One registration is for one registrants. Multiple registrants may not share and swap the same badge.
- The deadline for refund requests is June 18, 2019, subject to a $50 cancellation fee. All refund requests must be made directly via your Eventbrite profile.
- Alternatively, you may send a substitute in your place. We ask that you give notification of the substitution at least two week in advance of the conference start date by email to email@example.com.
- Due to weather and other travel related issues, speakers and sessions are subject to change without notice.
- Please note your conference registration fees cover the conference event as a whole and that no particular session in the conference is guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to cancel any session in the conference.
- If a session in the conference is cancelled for any reason, please choose another session as we are unable to issue a partial refund.
- In the unlikely event of cancellations for the conference as whole, we will refund registration fees, but will not be responsible for any costs, damages, or other expenses of any kind, including and without limitation, transportation and/or hotel costs incurred by registrant.
- Presenting authors are responsible for their own registration fee(s), travel, and accommodation costs.
- Invitation/Visa Support Letters will only be issued to presenting authors.
- To memorialise this event, please be advised that photos and/or audio or video recordings will be taken. These photos and recordings will not be sold or used for any other purpose other than to commemorate this event and to promote future iteration of this event in any media now known or later developed for an indeterminate period. If you do not wish to be included in the photos or in the recordings of this event, please notify the organizers before the event.
- If you have questions about the photos or recordings or their use, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Social Media and Society Conference is committed to fostering a collegial forum for the exchanges of ideas and where all participants are treated with respect.
- Please email to email@example.com if you have any concerns before, during or after the conference.